Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Farewell... For Now

I will be starting classes this Thursday, 9/3, at Rose Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, IN. I just wanted to let everyone know how much I've enjoyed the past year playing Scrabble. I had no idea when I first went to club on Sep. 14, 2008 at Good Foods what an impact it would have on my life. I have met some amazing people, friends I'll have for a lifetime, not only from around the Lexington area but also from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, etc... I have really enjoyed progressing in terms of skill and word knowledge and hope to continue in the future. You have all made my experience with the Scrabble world a good one, and I want to sincerely thank each and every one of you.

I'll be back on breaks, and while at school I'll probably be attending some nearby clubs in Illinois or Indianapolis, but I'll never forget Club 637!

Wishing all of you the best,

Tyler

4 comments:

John M. Spangler said...

Tyler, let me share with the blogosphere what Marty Gabriel, one of America's top Scrabble players, wrote on my Facebook entry about your sendoff from our local club -- "Your loss is our gain. We're looking forward to having Tyler join us soon at our Charleston, IL Scrabble club meetings.... I'm pretty sure that Tyler will enjoy the level of competition he'll find here. I think that Club 637 members can certainly be rightfully proud of contributing to Tyler's rapid rise to the expert rank."

The motto of our new North American Scrabble Players Association is "Making words, building friendships." I count our continuing friendship as one of the best and greatest things to have come from my involvement in organized competitive Scrabble.

You are a future National Champion in the making! I am convinced of it.

Steve said...

Tyler,

We've had some great times and exciting games. You certainly have helped make me a better player in the short time you've been around, and I'm sure the folks where you're going will learn a thing or two from you as well.

You're a fierce competitor and yet always gracious even in defeat (even if it's rare, lol). I wish you all the best in your studies there, and look forward to whenever you can make it back around to visit. If there's not a club meeting in the timeframe you're here, feel free to give me a call and maybe we can hook up for a few games.

All the best,
Steve

Will Scott said...

Tyler,

I think everyone benefited from your brief stint with the club. I almost certainly benefited the most. It's been a pleasure playing across the board from you, and I hope someday to raise my rating enough to again face you in a tournament.

Good luck at school and at your new club.

Andy W. said...

We all hope to see you achieve great successes, both in the scrabble world and out. Your rise up was so fast! Thank you for tolerating my memory lapses. We would love to hear word of your adventures, and ofcourse, will be looking forward to future visits. Club 637 is in your corner!:)