Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weekly Scrabble Opportunity in Richmond

Hi everyone,

A new opportunity for playing Scrabble is now available in Richmond, at Cosmic Oasis Board Game Cafe, across from the courthouse on Main Street.  The owner, Ron Flickinger, has set up a Scrabble League Night there on Thursdays from 6-9 pm, starting this Thursday Jan. 31.  If you're on Facebook, you can get more information by joining the Group named "Scrabble Players Near Richmond KY".

Since the event is open to both competitive and casual players, it remains to be seen how games will be divided amongst various skill levels, and the structure may be a work in progress over the first few weeks as things develop.  In any case, Ron has assured me that our style of play would be a welcome ingredient to this event. He gave me a tour of the gaming rooms last week and they are more than adequate for our purposes (quiet, well-lit, etc.).  I see this as a great opportunity to reach other Scrabble enthusiasts and hopefully grow our numbers over time. 

I plan to be there this Thursday.  I know it's short notice (not to mention a bit of a drive for many of you), but I'd love it a few other members could perhaps make it there as well.  If you're one of those who can, can you please post a comment here or email me at bush3262@yahoo.com?

No comments: