The responses so far about our Sunday, August 29 club session, as of Saturday, August 28, 2010, at 1:00 a.m., are:
- 4 will be able to attend: Betty, Jan, Janny, Victoria
- 5 will NOT be able to attend: Eric, John, Margaret, Will, Steve
- ? is unsure about attending:
I will not be at club this week and will be off traveling for the first two Sundays in September (tournaments in Atlanta and Albuquerque). In September, I will be directing our local club tournament; it will need to be held on either Sunday, September 19, or Sunday, September 26. When you respond about club this week, please also indicate if you could attend an LCT on those two dates and which of them you would prefer. Here are the responses so far on this, as of Monday, August 31, 2010, at 12:30 p.m.:
- 4 can attend an LCT on Sunday, September 19: Janny, John (directing), Victoria, Will
- 2 CANNOT attend an LCT on Sunday, September 19: Cheryl, Steve
- 1 PREFERS an LCT on Sunday, September 19: Will
- ? is unsure about attending an LCT on Sunday, September 19:
- 6 can attend an LCT on Sunday, September 26: Betty, Cheryl, Janny, John (directing), Victoria, Will
- 1 CANNOT attend an LCT on Sunday, September 26: Steve
- 2 PREFER an LCT on Sunday, September 26: Betty, Cheryl
- ? is unsure about attending an LCT on Sunday, September 26:
At last Sunday's we had 17 players, a new record! I asked the folks there if there was any objection to dropping NASPA sanctioning of our LCT's, and no opposition was voiced. NASPA requires a 50 cents per game "participation fee" (the same as for its open, fully rated tournaments) for rating LCT's that are only rated at 1/3 of full rating. By dropping NASPA sanctioning of our LCT's, we will be able to lower the entry fee. We will continue to have our LCT's rated by WGPO, which does not charge a rating fee and rates LCT's fully. Both Steve and I agree on doing this. So, beginning with our September LCT, these tourneys will only be rated by WGPO.
Have a good time at club Sunday! See you in a few weeks.