Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Puzzles for a Tuesday: Bingos with a Common Possible Prefix

In a conversation with Margaret post-game, we discussed all the bingos that could be made with the prefix ANTI. Realistically, though: this was Margaret telling me words while I nodded and smiled nicely.

This made me think of an interesting question, though. What are some bingos that are also valid if you add ANTI to the front of it? For example, ANXIETY is valid, as is ANTIANXIETY. The answers will be posted in a comment on this post, so don't click through until you want the answers!

BCIIOST
BCOOTTY
CCELNOY
AEFGITU
EEHILSX
CIIMOTT
AEHPRSS (note: there are five total bingos in this one, but there's only one that accepts ANTI on the front)
AEILMRS (three total here, but again, only one takes ANTI as a prefix)
CEIPSST (two total, one with ANTI as a possible prefix)
AEEFLRW

3 comments:

Fred said...

Answers:

BIOTICS
BOYCOTT
CYCLONE
FATIGUE
HELIXES
MITOTIC
PHRASES (the four other bingos: PHASERS, SERAPHS, SHAPERS, SHERPAS)
REALISM (the other two: MAILERS, REMAILS)
SEPTICS (the other one is CESSPIT, though I think most of us are ANTICESSPIT*)
WELFARE

Will Scott said...

I like the puzzzle. I missed BOYCOTT and MOTITIC, with and without ANTI-. I got all of the AEHPRSS sevens but couldn't figure out which one took the ANTI- prefix.

Fred said...

Thanks! I probably would have got, like, two of them. Learning's fun and all, though.