Monday, October 27, 2014

Request for Tourney Help

Our weekend tournament is fast approaching...less than 4 weeks away!  With committed entrants from 10 states (plus one from Canada!) already, it is shaping up to be everything I hoped it would be.  While I feel everything is in very good shape preparation-wise, there are a number of things that I would love to have help on, if anyone has a bit of spare time.

Would anyone be willing to help with any of the following activities?

-Transportation:  Be available to give (or arrange) rides to/from the airport or other hotels to Fairfield Inn.  I'd like to be able to give your phone number and/or email to anyone needing assistance in this regard.

-Printing:  This includes individual entrant tally sheets (on thick stock, double-sided if possible for the Main Event version), game reporting slips, blank/challenge slips, etc.  It would be great if these could be color-coded by division.  Bonus points for making name tags...people will be coming from all over the place, so I think they could be very helpful.

-Setup/Cleanup:  Assist with setting up the room before the Early Bird on Friday.   One or two folks that could arrive by, say, 4pm, would be sufficient.  Similarly, 2-3 folks that can stay after on Sunday and help with cleanup would be great.

-Registrar:  Help greet people and hand them their score sheets as they arrive.  Collect any at-the-door entry fees for Early Bird or Night Bird.  Keep me informed of any late arrivals or no-shows.

-Food: This is optional, and hotel guests have the continental breakfast, but I think it would be great if we could provide some home-baked goodies (or a fruit tray and bagels/donuts from Meijer or whatever) in the morning, along with maybe a pot of coffee and/or juice.  Also, for lunch, we could look at catering options for anyone not interested in Cracker Barrel or going off-site.  Anything that simplifies things for visitors is a good thing and makes them more likely to return.  Anyone that has attended the Knoxville events knows what I mean here.  I would love if someone could "own" this, and look at options and see what we could do.

If you can help with any of the above, or anything else I might have missed, please let me know as soon as possible.  THANK YOU!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be glad to provide home-made baked goods for both days.
Also would greet people & hand out anything needed for Sat. & Sun. I won't be there on Friday.

Jan Hatton

Anonymous said...

I can help with set up on Friday
and provide snacks on Friday.
Betty

Cheryl said...

I volunteered for transport Friday, plus I can do printing, send me details. Ink jet ok?

Cheryl said...

And of course will help clean, set up etc.

Steve said...

Thanks, everyone! I'll get with you individually (or at club) and we can work out details.